The Commies: Nominations
Below, you’ll find the link to the nominee voting. Before you do, though, please read through the following voter guidelines and format. This way when voting on slightly unconventional things like “best comment,” people won’t be voting for the same thing under multiple names
Note: For a full list and description of awards please head here.
- If you haven’t posted on the AV Club before today, you won’t be eligible to vote. Sorry, but I have to keep control of it somehow. If you enter a name other than your AV Club name in the poll, your votes will be removed.
- I’ve changed the program to allow you to update your nominations at any time until the poll closes. However, you must press “done” for any changes to be submitted. If you do not finish, you can return to the poll and adjust your answers as you wish–so long as you use the same computer. If you do not press “done” your responses have not yet been added.
- Obviously, things that have yet to come out this year will have to be eligible for next year. I think stuff like Amour is eligible, but since it’s wide release won’t be until after the polling has occurred we might have to make it eligible for both 2012/2013. It’s up to you guys to hash out in the comments.
- If you wish to not nominate in a category, you can simply skip it. You can also put in as many–at least within the text box limit–or as few nominations as you want
- There is no ranking to the nominations. Fill in the boxes in whatever order you desire. Some of the number of nominations will be cut down before final voting depending on the amount of votes received.
- For categories such as “Best Album,” “Best Actor,” “Best Episode,” etc. name both the nominee and then a dash and the band/entertainment. Ie: “Kid A – Radiohead,” “Daniel Day Lewis – There Will Be Blood,” “John Hamm – Mad Men,” or “Rubber Man – American Horror Story.”
- For nominations regarding comments list the commenter, article, and then first four words of the comment (mostly so that I can verify them). Ie: “Cookie_Monster, The Muppet Backlash Has Begun, Yes There Always Going.”
- For books, use title then author.
- For best TV review, just write the name of the show.
I believe that’s everything. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them here in the comments (note: anonymous comments are allowed, you just have to enter an email), ask me on The AV Club, or message me on Twitter @guyneiljames. I’ll update these notes accordingly. Feel free to champion your choices in the comments as well.
And don’t forget to come back December 3 for the final round of voting!
EDIT: Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I’m not going to be able to have the final poll up until tomorrow. Super sorry, everyone.